Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Schmentist!

After a few years of being unable to afford dental care, I acquired insurance and had a hefty fine in fillings and subsequent sensitivity to pay for my negligence. I had some trepidation about returning to the dentist, but when I arrived at my appointment this morning, things were different.

The whole thing took less than 45 minutes, and between a credit on my account and some generosity on the part of Dr. Hamblin, the whole thing cost me nothing. He patched a filling and performed two sealants (fast!) without even having to numb me. Never mind that at one point I nearly flipped because there was a hole in my effing tooth, I left happy and quite on time for MOAT meeting at work.

For the first time ever, I left the dentist feeling like it's my lucky day. Chris is kindly lending Tim and I some of his travel accessories for our trip (told'ja I'd mention it as much as possible), and he brought them today, too. I'm pretty sure the only way this day could improve is with the addition of free food (hint).

No comments: