Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This Very Moment

Today is my birthday. And I'm lucky enough to feel both loved and needed. I am well taken care of by friends and family. This birthday, it's a time of unique gifts. First, messages from friends. Some reminded me that I even have friends, others were kind thoughts, and one reminded me, quite poignantly, that there are reasons I was born those twenty-something years ago.

As my parents always do, they called and sang to me. Carter at work sent me an awesome desktop background (at left) from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Ken allowed me one free IT incident. I'm hoping that means that if my computer breaks the entire office network today, he won't tell everyone all about it. It wasn't a birthday present, but Chris sent me a link to some awesome online games. The ladies at the office are accompanying me to lunch at CPK.

I've been short on time (brain space) to choose my date for this evening with Tim. If I were PMSing, I'd say I'm fairly sure that his letting me choose what to do is a very convenient way for him not to have to plan anything. But I'm not, so I'll say it was kind of him to let me do whatever the heck I want for the evening (within an hour's drive and a reasonable budget). I can even go shoe shopping!

You can count on hearing how it goes. Sorry I couldn't muster up a good whine for you guys, but I just don't have it in me at the moment.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Thanks for all the love and support! I hope you have a good birthday!