Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Candles

At the risk of annoying you with a third post today, I thought I'd fill you in on the rest of my fabulous birthday. You may be asking yourself, "How could things get any better than a wonderfully decorated desk, computer wallpaper, cute button flowers, and lunch?"

Surprise visits from friends, that's how! Noel and Andee came over and brought me a present and hung out. How awesome is that? They threatened to unfriend me if I ever posted the picture I took of them, so I'm only allowed to post this picture of the beautiful date kit they brought. Thanks for making this such a special day, guys!

While earlier in the day I was out with Tim at TGI Friday's (eating Jack Daniel's Chicken—DROOL), Andee and Noel were apparently stalking me down on BYU's alumni network, then stalking down my husband so they could covertly arrange to surprise me. Then, they did a drive by on my residence before coming back later. So if you're wondering what can improve a day already filled with birthday friends, it's birthday stalkers.

After my new favorite stalkers left, I blew out the candles on my birthday rice krispies treat cake. Nine of those candles turned out to be trick candles. Once I started getting lightheaded from all the blowing out, Tim soaked the candles and we sliced up our now-somewhat-wax-spattered sugar masterpiece.

To top it all off, Tim got me a gorgeous suit and CS4! Now we can start to move away from the crappy photos and I can edit them for you, and we can all forget I ever had adult acne.

(Speaking of which, I always feel a little insulted when my doctors call it "adult acne." I know I have acne beyond puberty, and I realize that that's abnormal, but geez, do you have to keep pointing out that my acne has matured to adulthood with me?)

No comments: