Saturday, February 5, 2011

Post 200: Things I Want to Do . . . At Some Point

I (hopefully) have a lot of years left to do things. I have done a lot, but I don't have an official "bucket list" per say. So this isn't necessarily "things I want to do before I die," but rather, "things I'd like to do sooner rather than later."
  • See Cirque du Soleil.
  • Sign up for one of those milk delivery services and get dairy foods at my door. Do they have Lactaid delivery as well?
  • Make a pie. I'm talking strawberry rhubarb with a thin, flaky, delicious crust. My great grandmother used to make the most fantastic blackberry pie, and though I have my own filling preferences, I want it to taste that good.
  • Play an actual song on the guitar. I've gotten a bunch of chords down, but no real songs yet (unless you count repeated strumming while singing "Swing Low").
  • Go back to The Captain's Inn at Moss Landing, where we honeymooned. We had planned to go back for our 5th anniversary, but as it turns out I'm going to be set to pop around then, and doctor's orders include no travel so close to the due date.
  • Finish Little Women. It's a delightful book, but I feel like I've been slogging through it for a lifetime. The end will be a welcome sight.
  • Eat more French food. We love Bistro Vendome in Denver, but we also recently found The Creperie Cafe much closer to home (and their food is much better than their spazzy website). I would like to eat there more, especially once the restrictions on soft cheeses and such are lifted.
  • Complete Finley's baby book and first year scrapbook. I really need to print some dang pictures.
  • On another food-related note, I would also like to eat fondue. I had some fantastic fondue in high school French Club, and I would die for some gruyere to dip in.
  • Go to New York City. I've never been, and I enjoy a big city well enough. I will
    1. Eat at a deli.
    2. See a Broadway show.
    3. Shop for clothes at one of the places they send ladies on "What Not to Wear."
  • Take a long trip by train.
  • Live near London. I'm hoping Tim's work is amenable to the idea of a secondment. I don't want to leave here permanently, but I just haven't quite gotten my fill of England, and a couple of years there would be perfect for time to explore the whole UK and maybe even some of the rest of Europe.
  • Own a smartphone. I have to see what the big fuss is about.
  • Redecorate my house. I am craving carpet swatches, paint samples, and new decor. And shelves in my bathroom.
I think all of that will probably take my next five years or so. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Sarah McM said...

I just finished Little Women over Christmas! For the second time, actually. I adore that book.

When you live in England, can I come stay at your place for free? And you pay for plane tickets? kthxbye

Lisa said...

We always had milk delivered growing up. I didn't even realize that most people didn't do it until college.

Jenny said...

I find Little Women so much nicer as an audio-book than a paper book. Maybe if it continues to drag you could try it that way?

Great list though - some fun things to get through. I would particularly like to encourage the pie part. Yum.